SOS approach to feeding – 2022
The next SOS approach to feeding Conference will be held in Helsinore (Helsingør in danish) june 7th – june 10th 2022.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:-)
Upon completion of the SOS Approach to Feeding Conference, attendees will
- Receive foundational information regarding feeding development, evaluation, and SOS Treatment.
- Participate via live/onsite education through lectures, case presentations, and group activities.
- Receive a Certificate of Attendance that is eligible for submission to Professional Organization for Continuing Education Hours earned during course. Attendees must verify directly with Conference Host to confirm eligibility and continuing education credit availability.
- Be listed on the SOS Referral List as an SOS Provider (Level 1).
- Attendance does not certify attendee in the accurate application of the SOS Approach to Feeding Program.
Conference Learning Objectives
- List the seven areas of human function that need to be examined to provide a comprehensive Feeding Assessment.
- Identify at least five of the oral, sensory, motor, cognitive or emotional developmental milestones key to being able to eat well.
- List three reasons why children won’t eat, as based on learning theory principles.
- Differentiate classical and operant conditioning principles as applied to resolving feeding problems.
- Identify at least four of the necessary components of an SOS Approach to Feeding program for babies, toddlers and young children in either an individual or group therapy session.
- List all three requirements for building a Food Hierarchy.
- Identify at least one play based strategy for progressing a child up each of the 6 major Steps on the Steps to Eating Hierarchy.
Agerange of children targeted at the basic course:
6 month to 6 years.
Advanced online education (minor courses and mentorship)
After attending this basic course, it is possible to access the advanced online courses for more specialized knowledge. You can find the current advanced courses and the mentorship here: https://sosapproachtofeeding.com/sos-educational-programs/.
You can only access the advanced courses after completing the basic course!
Who will benefit from attending?
The course is intended for all professionals, working with children having severe sensitivity, sensory motor problems, physical eating disorders and / or food phobia (not bulimia, anorexia, orthorexia etc.) e.g.: occupational therapist, physiotherapist, healthcare professional, nurse, doctor, psychologist, psychologist, speech language pathologist, educator, social worker, dietitian, dietary consultant, dental hygienist, dentist, specialist day care.
Presenters: The SOS team reserves the right to change the teachers – the program is of course exactly the same.
Dr. Kay A. Toomey, PhD – Pediatric Psychologist; President of Toomey & Associates, Inc.; Clinical Consultant to the Feeding Clinic at STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder.
Dr. Erin S. Ross, PhD, CCC-SLP – Neonatal and Pediatric Speech Pathologist; Assistant Clinical Professor at University of Colorado; Faculty at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions; President at Feeding FUNdamentals, LLC.
June 7th – June 10th 2022
Day 1 registration: 7.30-8.00
Day 1: 08.00-17.00
Day 2: 08.00-17.00
Day 3: 08.00-17.00
Day 4: 08.00-17.00
Please make all travel arrangements, so that you can attend the WHOLE course – as participants will miss crucial information needed to be able to correctly use the SOS Approach to Feeding program, if they come late or leave the course early.
The course is an external course. This allows participants to choose their place of residence and price. Accoodation is not included in the price.
We recommend that you stay at the center Konventum.
Their website are currently under construction / update, but you are welcome to give them a call on +45 4928 0900 or an E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotels can be found here
Bed and breakfast can be found here
Danhostel can be found here
The price for the cource is DKK 10.396,- / EUR 1.395,- as an earlybird for the rest of 2021. Hereafter the pris is DKK 10.796,- / EUR 1.449,-
All prices above is + 25% VAT
Included in the course:
Breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch and afternoon snack
Physical binder with all the course material
American english, the presenters are easy to understand. (No interpretation into danish).
1. time in Denmark – 2016 in Odense:-)