SOS approach to feeding – 2022
The next SOS approach to feeding Conference will be held in Copenhagen june 7th – june 10th 2022.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN:-)
There are 5 videos about the course on the page – so please scroll down, if You would like to know more:-)
Upon completion of the SOS Approach to Feeding Conference, attendees will
- Receive foundational information regarding feeding development, evaluation, and SOS Treatment.
- Participate via live/onsite education through lectures, case presentations, and group activities.
- Receive a Certificate of Attendance that is eligible for submission to Professional Organization for Continuing Education Hours earned during course.
(Education credit is unfortunately not available at this conference).
- Be listed on the SOS Referral List as an SOS Provider.
Conference Learning Objectives
- List the seven areas of human function that need to be examined to provide a comprehensive Feeding Assessment.
- Identify at least five of the oral, sensory, motor, cognitive or emotional developmental milestones key to being able to eat well.
- List three reasons why children won’t eat, as based on learning theory principles.
- Differentiate classical and operant conditioning principles as applied to resolving feeding problems.
- Identify at least four of the necessary components of an SOS Approach to Feeding program for babies, toddlers and young children in either an individual or group therapy session.
- List all three requirements for building a Food Hierarchy.
- Identify at least one play based strategy for progressing a child up each of the 6 major Steps on the Steps to Eating Hierarchy.
Agerange of children targeted at this main course:
Birth to 18 years
Advanced online education (minor courses and mentorship)
After attending this main course, it is possible to access the advanced online courses for more specialized knowledge. You can find the current advanced courses and the mentorship here: https://sosapproachtofeeding.com/sos-educational-programs/.
You can only access the advanced courses after completing the main course!
Who will benefit from attending?
The course is intended for all professionals, working with children having severe sensitivity, sensory motor problems, physical eating disorders and / or food phobia (not bulimia, anorexia, orthorexia etc.) e.g.: Occupational therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Pedagogues, Special Education Teachers, Registered Dietitians, dietary Consultants, Psychologists, Early Intervention Specialists, Pediatric healthcare nurses, Nurses, Physicians, Mental Health Workers, Dental hygienists.
Note: The conferences are created for professionals. If parents wish to attend the training workshop, they must be accompanied by their child’s feeding therapist.
Presenters: (The SOS team reserves the right to change the teachers – the program is of course exactly the same).
Dr. Kay A. Toomey, PhD – Pediatric Psychologist; President of Toomey & Associates, Inc.; Clinical Consultant to the Feeding Clinic at STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder.
Dr. Erin S. Ross, PhD, CCC-SLP – Neonatal and Pediatric Speech Pathologist; Assistant Clinical Professor at University of Colorado; Faculty at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions; President at Feeding FUNdamentals, LLC.
June 7th – June 10th 2022
May 27th 2022.
Day 1 registration: 7.30-8.00
Day 1: 08.00-17.00
Day 2: 08.00-17.00
Day 3: 08.00-17.00
Day 4: 08.00-17.00
Please make all travel arrangements, so that you can attend the WHOLE course – as participants will miss crucial information needed to be able to correctly use the SOS Approach to Feeding program, if they come late or leave the course early.
A full time certificate of attendance is also necessary if you want to take further online education/mentorship at SOS Approach to feeding.
The main course is an external course – so Acommodation are not included in the price. This allows participants to choose their place of residence and price.
We recommend that you stay at the Hotel Scandic – Glostrup – both so that you have easy access to your room, but also so that you can connect with the other participants in the evening. For booking directly (to optain the fixed price of 1195kr for a single room and 1295kr for at double room) at the hotel use this email adress: email@example.com, Reference: DAN060622. The room will be reserved until 18.00. For later arrival please contact the hotel.
The nearest (and cheaper) hotel is Glostrup Park hotel (only 650m away).
The price for the cource is DKK 10.796,- / EUR 1.449,-
All prices above are without 25% VAT = “MOMS”, so if you live in Denmark, you have to add VAT to the price (= 13.495kr incl. VAT)
Payment by Card is instant, but if You need to reach 2022 to get access to the 2022 educational funds, you can postpone payment 90 days by choosing the EAN or the Invoice option.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulties paying.
Included in the course:
Small breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch and afternoon snack
Physical binder with all the course material and slides.
American english, the presenters are easy to understand.
As there will be no interpretation into danish, we will provide a small photocopied dictionary with most of the special words used at the course.
A good advice for participants with English being the second language – and a bit rusty:
See some online english spoken webinars, listen to english podcasts or an audiobook (preferably clinical), online lectures, films (hide the subtitles) etc. right up to the course – so your brain is toptuned for all the very important information given in the 4 days.
You can also read something in english – preferably something clinical.
1. time in Denmark – 2016 in Odense:-)